Saturday, January 31, 2009

Underworst 3: Rise of the Lycans

My friend and studio mate, Jesse Hamm, got me to go see Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans. The first Underworld movie was entertaining enough (though, from what I remember, there seemed to be a lot of scenes of characters dramatically throwing open big creaky doors) and I never saw the second. This installment was predictably mediocre. The first half of the movie lacked any type of B story, so we end up just following the same characters around, on the same set, from one scene to the next, to the next. It got boring fast. I still am baffled that the actor who has played Tony Blair and David Frost is back playing... a werewolf. I suspect a three picture contractual obligation here.

Anyway, I have been busy on my DC books, so I don't have much to offer in way of sketches to post. Soooo, my post today is art from a pitch I drew a few months ago, from a script by writer Stephen Scott. It's a bizarre crime noir story and I plan to post color pages soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment